Become a member
If you want to help the library but are unable to donate your time, you can become a member. The Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Association (FOPLA) accepts funds for memberships, but all other monetary donations should be made to the Ottawa Public Library Foundation. Monetary donations made to the Foundation are tax deductable.
The Friends and the Foundation work together to enhance and strengthen the Ottawa Public Library. Your involvement with either organization will make a difference in the lives of those in your community and beyond.
- believe in the value of literacy and learning
- love your Ottawa libraries
- want to support your library
- want to become a member of a winning team
The Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Association is the right choice for you.
With its multiple bookstores, specialty sales, and community involvement, the Friends have become the leading fundraising friends organization in Canada. Join us and become a proud member of a group that supports our public libraries and fosters life-long learning.
What are the benefits of membership?
FOPLA members receive:
- a membership discount on Volunteer Ottawa courses and membership services
- a Friends of USA Libraries website password and membership
- Friends of Canadian Libraries membership benefits and inclusion in its listserv
Having membership benefits from these groups will give you access to information you can use to make a difference in your community and will let you see what others are doing to benefit their communities and libraries.
We understand that community members want to be informed and want their voices heard. As a member of FOPLA, you will:
- have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- have voting rights at local committee meetings
- be entitled to sit on the Board of Directors
- be given advance notice of FOPLA events and activities
To further recognize our members, we give them:
- a membership card and a $2 gift coupon redeemable at any FOPLA bookstore
But most importantly, as a member you will:
- be able to speak as a strong advocate on behalf of our community
- know that you are giving back to your library
- know that you are advancing the mission of the library
- feel good about supporting a resource that helps our whole community
“I like knowing that I’m supporting a good cause.”
“I worked for the library for 25 years and I still want to give back.”
For more information please contact: